Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Busy as a Bee in Spring

You know you are busy when you haven't blogged in over a month and your husband has a long honey-do list.  As of late, we are working on our backyard and prepping for Haley's 1st birthday.  We are both super busy but I wanted to take a moment to blog about my first Mother's Day and of course, Haley's 11 month old picture.
Sweet Haley is getting close to walking and standing on her own...we aren't so sure her tiny feet will be much assistance to her balance but we are proud to see her try. She is saying several words and repeats other words at random and never again.  She even repeats singing "lalala." She is a mover and shaker and a great eater. She has 7 teeth and a slight gap in the front...it is too cute. We are just so shocked that she is almost one year old!
 
 
 
We were so excited to dedicate her at church on Mother's Day, along with like 500 other babies ;) She will have plenty of friends at our church.
 
I have so many thoughts on motherhood and would love to creatively share them...but let's be honest...I haven't had sleep, have a cold, and really cannot think straight enough to be eloquent or deep at the moment. But I can easily say that I love my little girl so very much and that my husband was the sweetest on Mother's Day. He made me feel so loved and I got some free time which was much needed! I feel so lucky to have him and to have my little girl. Motherhood has taught me so much...I will have to share that with another post on another day.
We have been enjoying warmer weather (FINALLY!! This California girl was freezing in the snow!).  Haley loves the swing and it is so funny to see her bare arms...they are so white and I am pretty sure they have been almost exclusively covered for months!
 
 
 
Finally, we decided to try out the pool with Haley to see if she liked it...I am going to have to work with her on that one. If you know me you know I love the pool and she isn't too keen on the water just yet...we will have to work on that a lot this summer!
 
 
I hope all of you out there had a fabulous Mother's Day and are loving the end of spring and the start of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment